Training and education paths

There are many different education and training opportunities for adults. Here is a summary of the most common training and education paths.

Find the best educational path for you

Labour market training programme

Vocationally oriented study programmes where there is a need for staff. For those who are registered with Arbetsförmedlingen.

Folk high school

At folk high school you can take subjects or courses at secondary and upper secondary level. The education and training is aimed at various areas of interest.

Upper secondary education

Education and training at upper secondary level gives you bigger and better job opportunities. Study and vocational guidance counsellors in your municipality or a folk high school can help you get started on your study application.

University and university college

At university and university college you can choose individual courses or programmes from bachelor (first cycle) up to researcher (third cycle) level.

Municipal adult education

Municipal adult education is for those who need to take a subject or course at secondary or upper secondary level. There are also various vocational education opportunities.

Vocational college

At vocational colleges you will find training aimed at specific occupations. The courses are designed to meet the needs of the labour market.

Explore Educational Opportunities for Adults

The National Agency for Education (Skolverket) offers a comprehensive service that lets you explore a variety of courses and programmes at folk high schools, komvux, universities, colleges, and vocational colleges, as well as courses through Arbetsförmedlingen and various art and culture courses.

Find courses ( (in Swedish)