Municipal adult education
Municipal adult education, known as komvux and särvux, is for those who need to take subjects or courses at primary or upper secondary level or to learn Swedish. There are also various vocational education and apprenticeship opportunities.
- Municipal adult education, komvux. Education at a primary level and education and training at upper secondary level can provide the full upper secondary education. You can also take individual courses that you may need to find a job more easily. Municipal adult education can also gain you admittance to university and university college. There are also vocational education and apprenticeship opportunities in municipal adult education.
- Swedish for Immigrants (SFI). Language course for those who need basic knowledge of Swedish. SFI is available in municipal adult education and the courses are divided into different study paths.
- Special education and training for adults, särvux. Education for those who have development issues or have had brain damage. There is education at basic and upper secondary levels. There are also vocational education and apprenticeship opportunities in särvux.
- Vocational education. You combine courses that suit your needs or select a ready-made course package. Training is most often in areas where there is a shortage of manpower. The education and training available varies from municipality to municipality. Vocational education is available in both komvux and särvux.
- Apprenticeships. With the help of a supervisor, you get basic vocational training and experience of working life. You learn an occupation in a workplace, combined with theoretical studies in school. Training is most often in areas where there is a shortage of manpower. Apprenticeships are available in both komvux and särvux.
- You get an individual study plan based on your needs and circumstances.
- You can study full-time or part-time.
- Some municipalities offer remote study, that is to say you can study where it suits you. Contact the study and vocational counselling in your home municipality and find out what applies to the courses you are interested in.
- The studies are flexible and you must expect much time to be spent on your own work.
The length of the education or training varies depending on what course you choose and on your own circumstances. You get an individual study plan that describes your goals and the scope of your studies.