A faster way into the labour market for those who are new to Sweden and have experience or training in a trade or profession where there is a great need for staff.
If you are new to Sweden and have experience or training in a trade or profession where there is a great need for staff, a so-called deficit profession, you may be able to take a faster way into the labour market. With a combination of validation, work experience, language training and tailor-made complementary training and education, you can find a job where your previous training and experience will be used more quickly.
Fast track, snabbspår, covers about 40 deficit professions, such as:
- installation and service electrician
- HGV driver
- doctor, nurse, dentist, pharmacist
- teacher, preschool teacher
- butcher, baker
- building engineer, building manager, caretaker
- construction engineer, architect
- distribution electrician, engineer
- sociologist, including economist, lawyer
- social welfare worker, assistance assessor, welfare counsellor
- veterinary nurse
- machine carpenter and machine operator, fitter, upholsterer, cabinet maker.
We, employers and trade unions have jointly agreed on which trades and professions are covered and the content needed in a fast track. The training and education varies in length, depending on which trade or profession the fast track refers to and what additions you need to make.
Fast track is for those who are newly arrived in Sweden and have experience or training in a trade or profession where there is a shortage of staff. You need to be registered as a job seeker with us. You also need to satisfy one of the following:
- You are participating in the etableringsprogrammet or at some point during the past 12 months you have participated in etableringsprogrammet.
- You have a current etableringsplan or have finished your etableringsplan during the last 12 months.
- You have been granted a residence permit during the last 3 years.
- Participants in the Job and Development Programme
- Those with a relevant education from a country outside of the EU/EEA who have not yet worked in Sweden within the occupation can participate if there is space.
How it works
- Together with you, we first review your past experience.
- We can help you to translate degrees and certificates and send them for assessment to the right authority.
- We assess whether fast track is suitable for you.
- We help you to find a fast track and activities that suit you.
- Your competencies are formally recognised and you complement these with the parts you lack.
Benefit and conditions
When you receive this support, you are taking part in a programme. You can then apply for benefit from Försäkringskassan. Here, you will find out more about how to apply for the benefit and what rules apply when you take part in one of our programmes.
How to take the next step
Prepare yourself to explain why the support could increase your job opportunities.
We review your situation together. An employment officer assesses whether the support is a good way to increase your job opportunities.
What support we can offer you depends on what your situation looks like. Who is entitled to any kind of support is ultimately regulated by the government.