Bidrag för personligt biträde
You can get support and help from a person at your workplace if you have reduced working capacity due to a disability. Your employer will then receive a grant to allocate staff for this.
The purpose the grant for personal assistance, bidrag för personligt biträde, is to make it easier for you to get and keep a job. The grant can also make it easier for you to participate in a programme or in the school's practical orientation in working life. People who are self-employed and have a disability can also obtain a grant for personal assistance.
The personal assistant acts as a support for you in repetitive tasks or work situations that you cannot manage on your own.
We pay the grant to your employer. The maximum grant is SEK 60,000 per year. If you are self-employed and have a disability that causes significant communication difficulties, you can get a grant of up to SEK 120,000 per year.
Your employer - or you as a self-employed person - can receive a grant for your personal assistant as long as you need support in managing your tasks.
Your employer can receive a grant if you have reduced working capacity due to a disability if:
- You have or will have a job where you need personal support in order to manage your tasks.
- You go to upper secondary school and need personal support to be able to participate in practical orientation in working life.
- You need personal support to be able to participate in a programme or vocational rehabilitation.
How it works
- First, we need information from your employer to demonstrate that you need a personal assistant.
- We investigate and decide how large the grant will be.
How to take the next step
Prepare yourself to explain why the support could increase your job opportunities.
We review your situation together. An employment officer assesses whether the support is a good way to increase your job opportunities.
What support we can offer you depends on what your situation looks like. Who is entitled to any kind of support is ultimately regulated by the government.