Insurance and compensation for damage or loss when you take part in a programme

When you take part in one of Arbetsförmedlingen’s programmes, you are in some cases covered by personal and group life insurance through the Legal, Financial and Administrative Services Agency (Kammarkollegiet) and the National Government Employee Pensions Board (SPV). The insurance does not apply when you take part in a support programme for starting up a business.

The organiser of a programme can also apply for compensation if you have caused damage or loss to the company.

Personal injury insurance

The Legal, Financial and Administrative Services Agency (Kammarkollegiet) decides on compensation that is subject to the conditions of the ‘Agreement on compensation for personal injury’ (PSA). The insurance applies if you are participating in a labour market programme that is associated with a particular risk of occupational injury. Visit the agency’s website if you would like to find out more about the personal injury insurance that applies when you take part in a programme from Arbetsförmedlingen. (in Swedish)

You report the injury by:

  • Completing the form "Person in labour market policy measures" which can be found on (in Swedish).
  • Asking Arbetsförmedlingen to fill in their part of the form.
  • Both you and the organiser signing the form.
  • Attaching receipts and a description of all the costs you have incurred in connection with the injury.
  • Sending the completed form together with the receipts to Kammarkollegiet.

The organiser must report work injuries to the Swedish Work Environment Authority (Arbetsmiljöverket) in accordance with the rules of the Swedish Work Environment Act and the Swedish Work Environment Authority's regulations.

Occupational group life insurance (TGL)

This group life insurance applies in the event of your death.

Visit to learn more about the occupational group life insurance policies that apply when you take part in one of Arbetsförmedlingen’s programmes.

Compensation for damage or loss

If you have accidentally caused damage or loss, the organiser can apply for compensation via Arbetsförmedlingen. If you think the organiser's description of what happened is not correct, you can submit your own report to Arbetsförmedlingen.