If you are sick for more than 7 days

If you are sick for more than seven calendar days and are unable to participate in your activities, you must submit a doctor’s certificate. You need to submit a doctor’s certificate whether you are sick full-time or part-time.

Doctor’s certificate

In order to keep your benefit, you need to submit a doctor’s certificate. The doctor’s certificate must show that you are unable to participate in your programme and to what extent you are unable to participate. Remember to tell your doctor

  • that you are taking part in a programme
  • the types of activities you perform in your programme, such as job seeker activities, labour market training, work experience placement, or Swedish for immigrants
  • how many hours you participate in the programme – if you are not sure, estimate the number of hours
  • what you think you will be unable to do in the programme due to your sickness or injury.

Apply for benefit from Försäkringskassan

You apply for benefit from Försäkringskassan. In your application, you indicate what days you were sick and unable to participate in your programme. The Swedish Social Insurance Agency (Försäkringskassan) website has more information about how you apply for benefits.

Activity grant or development allowance when participating in a programme (forsakringskassan.se)

Send us the doctor’s certificate

Send the doctor’s certificate to:

FE 8170
107 67 Stockholm

Show the information in the box to your doctor if you need a doctor’s certificate

To the doctor

Your patient is participating in a programme through the Swedish Public Employment Service. Your patient has been encouraged to prepare for the doctor’s visit with information about

  • activities in the programme
  • scope of the programme
  • what the patient thinks they will be unable to do in the programme due to their sickness or injury.

When a patient is participating in a programme, you must use doctor’s certificate AF00251.

The certificate is available at arbetsformedlingen.se/varden.

Till läkaren (in Swedish)

Patienten deltar i ett program hos Arbetsförmedlingen. Patienten är uppmanad att förbereda sig inför läkarbesöket med uppgifter om

  • aktiviteter i programmet
  • omfattning av programmet
  • vad patienten tror att hen inte kan göra i programmet på grund av sin sjukdom eller skada.

När patienten deltar i ett program ska du använda läkarintyg AF00251.

Du hittar intyget på arbetsformedlingen.se/varden

If you are sick full-time for more than 30 days and we are unable to adapt your programme to enable you to participate, we will withdraw you from your programme. You can apply for sickness benefit from Försäkringskassan the first day after you have been withdrawn. To apply for sickness benefit, you need to ask your doctor to fill in Försäkringskassan’s doctor’s certificate and then submit this certificate to Försäkringskassan.

Sickness benefit (forsakringskassan.se)

If you are working alongside your programme and want to apply for sick pay or sickness benefit, you need to ask for two different certificates from your doctor – one to turn in to your employer and another to submit to us. This is because a special doctor’s certificate is required when you are taking part in a programme. Talk to your employer for more information about what they need.