With vocational introduction employment, you learn a trade or profession, get experience and increase your chances of getting a job.
With vocational introduction employment, yrkesintroduktionsanställning, you can learn a trade or profession while you work and get paid. While you work, you will be assisted by a supervisor. At least 15 per cent of your working hours consist of training or supervision. The employer who hires you will receive a contribution towards your pay.
Vocational introduction employment can be in either a permanent or temporary job. You can have vocational introduction employment for at least 6 months and up to 12 months.
Vocational introduction employment is for those who are aged under 25, have been unemployed for a long time or are new arrivals in Sweden. You need to be registered as a jobseeker with us. You also need to satisfy one of the following:
- You are 15 – 24 years old and do not have experience of the trade or profession.
- You are 15 – 24 years old and have been unemployed and registered as a jobseeker with us for at least 90 days over a four-month period.
- You have reached the age of 25 and have been completely unemployed for 12 months.
- You are a newcomer to Sweden and are participating in etableringsprogrammet or have an etableringsplan.
- You are a newcomer to Sweden and have been granted a residence permit or a residence card as a family member of an EU/EEA citizen during the past 36 months.
Another condition is that the employer has a collective agreement and a vocational introduction agreement for the industry.
How it works
- Find an employer who wishes to employ you, either through your own contacts or through us.
- Check that the employer has a collective agreement and a vocational introduction agreement (or an affiliated collective agreement for this) for the industry.
- You and the employer then together draw up a supervision plan.
- Ask the employer to submit an application to us, together with the supervision plan. Information for the employer and an application form can be found here:
Then we decide whether you get vocational introduction employment. The employer is responsible for ensuring that you get started in your job and that you are given the supervision that has been agreed.
You are entitled to at least 75 per cent of the wage that is stated in the employer’s collective agreement. How much you are paid depends on what proportion of the working hours are supervision or training.
The employer undertakes to offer collectively agreed employment benefits.
How to take the next step
Prepare yourself to explain why the support could increase your job opportunities.
We review your situation together. An employment officer assesses whether the support is a good way to increase your job opportunities.
What support we can offer you depends on what your situation looks like. Who is entitled to any kind of support is ultimately regulated by the government.