When you need help entering the labor market. At the same time, you become an extra resource for an employer in welfare, the public sector, cultural sector or non-profit sector.
An extra position is a job at an employer in welfare, the public sector, cultural sector or non-profit sector. You get a chance to enter working life and at the same time the employer receives a grant for your salary.
An extra position can be either employment for an indefinite period or fixed-term employment. You can also have an extra position for part time.
An extra position is for you if you have been unemployed for a long time or have recently come to Sweden. You need to be registered as a job seeker with us. You also need to meet one of the following requirements:
- You are participating in the job and development guarantee and have done so for at least 450 days.
- You have recently come to Sweden, are at least 20 years old and are participating in the establishment program or have participated in it in the last 12 months.
- You have recently come to Sweden, are at least 20 years old and have an on-going establishment plan or have had an establishment plan in the last 12 months.
- You have recently come to Sweden and have been granted a residence permit or permit card as a family member of an EU/EEA citizen in the last 36 months.
This is how it works
- We assess whether a workplace is suitable and what work tasks suit you.
- We sign an agreement with you and the employer and consult with the union. The agreement states what work tasks you will have and what kind of support and guidance you need.
- The employer is then responsible for ensuring you get started with your new job and that you get the guidance you need.
You are entitled to wages and other employment benefits that match the collective agreement in the industry. This means that the employer must also take out insurance for you. However, an extra position does not grant the right to compensation from the unemployment benefits society (a-kassa) if you become unemployed again after this job.
The Employment Protection Act (LAS) does not apply to extra positions.
Så här tar du nästa steg
Förbered dig så att du kan motivera varför stödet kan öka dina möjligheter till jobb.
Tillsammans kartlägger vi din situation. En arbetsförmedlare bedömer om stödet är ett bra sätt att öka dina möjligheter till jobb.
Vilket stöd vi kan erbjuda dig beror på hur just din situation ser ut. Vem som har rätt till ett stöd regleras ytterst av regeringen.