The career guidance service provides you with support from a study and vocational guidance counsellor on your path to work or studies. You are given individual guidance on the education and training and other opportunities that are available. Together we will map out your interests and skills and produce a career plan for your way forward.
What is career counselling?
The film talks about what career counselling means and how you can access it.
Career guidance gives you the opportunity to think about what occupations you might choose. You receive support from a study and vocational guidance counsellor from one of our providers in order to find your path to work or studies. Together, we map out what skills and strengths you have, what experience you have acquired and in which occupational fields these could be beneficial. While doing this we come up with a plan for your future.
Career guidance is for people who need support to map out which occupation suits them and what steps are needed to get there. For example, this might involve job experience or training. We tailor the career guidance to your needs. If you do not speak Swedish, you are given support in your native language.
How it works
- Arbetsförmedlingen assesses whether career guidance is a service that is suitable for you.
- You participate in career guidance at a rate of between 50 and 100 per cent. You can combine career guidance with, for example, work, SFI or another Arbetsförmedlingen programme.
- You are in contact with a study and vocational guidance counsellor from one of our providers.
- You can go on study visits at workplaces and on training programmes. You are also able to meet people who tell you what it is like to work in an occupation and about the path to get there.
- The goal of career guidance is a plan for your path towards work or studies.
- You participate in the service for two months.
You can find the career guidance service here
Benefit and conditions
When you receive this support, you are taking part in a programme. You can then apply for benefit from Försäkringskassan. Here, you will find out more about how to apply for the benefit and what rules apply when you take part in one of our programmes.
How to take the next step
Prepare yourself to explain why the support could increase your job opportunities.
We review your situation together. An employment officer assesses whether the support is a good way to increase your job opportunities.
What support we can offer you depends on what your situation looks like. Who is entitled to any kind of support is ultimately regulated by the government.