Bidrag till hjälpmedel på arbetsplatsen

You can get a contribution for aids and facilities so that you can do your job. Your employer can also receive a contribution for aids and facilities or adaptation of your workplace.


You can get a contribution for aids and facilities that make things easier for you in the workplace, hjälpmedel på arbetsplatsen. Your employer can also receive a contribution for aids and facilities or if your work tools or workplace need to be adapted for you. The purpose of the contribution is to make it easier for you, for example, to get or keep a job, to participate in any programme or get other support from us.

The maximum contribution you can receive is SEK 100,000 per year. You may receive a higher amount if there are special reasons for this. Your employer can also receive a contribution of up to SEK 100,000 per year.

You can receive a contribution during the first 12 months of employment. If you have worked longer than 12 months you can still get help, but then you must contact Försäkringskassan (in Swedish).

If you have skyddat arbete hos en offentlig arbetsgivare or are employed with lönebidrag, you will also receive a contribution for needs that arise later in the employment.

Skyddat arbete hos offentlig arbetsgivare


For whom

You can get a contribution for aids and facilities in your workplace if you have a disability that affects your ability to work and you need aids to be able to do your job. This applies if you are employed, self-employed, if you are participating in a programme or receiving other support from us or are involved in working life orientation at a school.

How it works

  • Contact us if you need aids and facilities or an adaptation of your workplace. We will then make an assessment of whether a contribution can be given.
  • If you are not already registered with the Swedish Public Employment Service, you will need to register in order for us to be able to process your application.
  • Keep in mind that your application must be approved before you order an aid or sign a rental agreement.
  • We pay the contribution to you. If you are unable to pay the invoice for the aid before you have received the contribution, we can pay the invoice for you.
  • If you leave the employment or work experience where you received a contribution, you can keep the aid and take it to a new workplace.
  • If you have provided information that is not correct or if you do not use the aids or facilities that we have agreed upon, you must pay back the contribution.


When you have received a contribution, you are the owner of the aids or facilities and are responsible for taking out any insurance. You are also responsible for maintenance and any taxes. However, you may receive support from us if any aid needs to be repaired.

How to take the next step

Contact us

Prepare yourself to explain why the support could increase your job opportunities.


We review your situation together. An employment officer assesses whether the support is a good way to increase your job opportunities.


What support we can offer you depends on what your situation looks like. Who is entitled to any kind of support is ultimately regulated by the government.