Apply for Jobbsprånget, an internship program for newcomer academics
July 16 - August 16, you can apply for Jobbsprånget, an 4 month-long internship programme for newcomer academics. The internship takes place in, for example, industry, IT and telecom.
Arbetsförmedlingen has interviewed Laras Piniji, digital communications manager at Jobbsprånget about the internship programme for newcomer academics in Sweden.
Can you tell us a little bit about Jobbsprånget?
– Jobbsprånget is an advanced 4 month-long internship programme that connects foreign academics with employers in Sweden. The purpose of Jobbsprånget is to speed up the integration of foreign academics in the Swedish job market.
Who can apply to Jobbsprånget?
– Jobbsprånget is a programme for those who are university or college graduate, born outside of EU or other European Countries. The programme targets mainly engineers, people with background in economics/finance or accounting, talents with background in natural sciences, and architects.
Are there openings even for other talents?
– Since the programme is getting bigger and bigger and more employers are participating, we are also welcoming many more talents. For example, talents and competence in IT, Human Resources, Pharmacy, Marketing & Communications, Environment & Sustainability, Project Management, and many many more. So, I would say there’s something for everybody. Since we started Jobbsprånget in 2016, 2200 foreign academics have had internships via Jobbsprånget. 7 out of 10 participants get a job after jobbsprånget.
Can you give example of what the interns are doing during the internship?
– We have had 600 employers participating in Jobbsprånget. The tasks are on par with the professional and educational background of the participants. We have engineers with roles as project manager, system developer, for example. We have architects working with urban planning and urban development project. We have roles in software development, software testing, accounting, talent acquisition, tech recruitment, and many many more.
Why internship and not job directly?
– We see the reality that it is difficult for foreign academics to enter the Swedish job market. The surveys we performed with our participants shows that in average, the have applied to more than 200 jobs without success before joining Jobbsprånget.
So jobbsprånget can make it easier to get a job?
– This advanced internship programme gives result, 7 out of 10 participants get a job after Jobbsprånget. It’s a really good way to learn about the Swedish job market and experience first hand how it is to work at a Swedish company or organisation.
How to apply for Jobbsprånget?
- Firstly, you need to register a profile with your personal details in Jobbsprånget’s application portal. This requires a valid BankID, and can be done at any time (even when the application period is closed).
- When the application period is open, july 16 - august 16, login to your Jobbsprånget account. All the available internships will be presented and you can apply to those matching your profile and preferences.